France has something for everyone. For families in particular, there are miles of beautiful sandy beaches, a host of activities and plenty of space for children to explore freely.
For nature lovers the spectacular coastline gives way to a rolling countryside of fields and forests, magnificent lakes and majestic mountains. For connoisseurs of culture, there are cities ancient and modern with museums, galleries, historic sights and local festivals. France truly has scenery, sights and holiday activities to suit every taste.
The Idyllic Lac Biscarrosse
La Reserve lies on the shores of the idyllic Lac Biscarrosse, 40 miles south of Arcachon in the Landes department of South West France.
- be sure to visit - it’s the largest sand dune in Europe with spectacular views across Arcachon Bay and the forest
- a surfing hotspot – dust off your surf board or just enjoy the spectacular beaches and splash in the waves
How to find us
Bordeaux Airport to La Reserve
• From Bordeaux airport follow signs onto the Rocade (A630) in the direction 'Arcachon/Bayone/Toulouse'
• Take exit 15 to merge onto the A63/E05/E70 towards 'Arcachon/Mont de Marsan/Bayonne' - this road becomes the N10
• Exit the N10 at junction 17 and follow signs towards 'Parentis en Born'
• On arriving in Parentis follow road until reach traffic lights then turn left signed 'Gastes / Mimizan' (D46)
• Follow road for approximately 3 miles then take right hand turn marked 'Gastes' (D652)
• On arriving at Gastes take second exit on roundabout then immediate left signed La Reserve